原文引自http://www.youtubelearn.com/worlds-toughest-job

祝各位母親節快樂

 

 

We create a fake job.
我們捏造一份假工作。
Just give me one second.
等我一下。
Sure!
沒問題!
Hey, hi.
嘿,嗨。
Two minutes, thank you.
兩分鐘,謝謝你。
Hi, good afternoon. Sorry about that.
嗨,午安。真是不好意思。
And posted it online and in newspapers.
並刊登在網路及報紙上。
Then we held real interviews.
然後我們舉辦真正的面試。

Hi, nice to meet you.
嗨,很高興認識你。
Nice to meet you as well.
我也很開心認識你。
Have you ever done one of these interviews over the camera before? No!
你以前曾在視訊攝影機前進行過任何這種面試嗎?沒有!
Let me tell you a little bit about the job to get started with.
讓我告訴你一點點關於這份工作的資訊來開始。

It's not just a job. It's sort of probably the most important job. The title that we have going right now is Director of Operations, but it's really kind of so much more than that. Responsibilities and requirements are really quite extensive.
這不只是一份工作。這有點也許是最重要的工作。我們現在給的職稱是「營運總監」,但它其實好像比那職稱多出更多。職責和條件是真的非常廣泛的。

First category for the requirements would be mobility. This job requires that you must be able to work standing up most or really all of the time-constantly on your feet, constantly bending over, constantly exerting yourself a high level of stamina.
工作條件的第一類會是機動性。這份工作需要你必須能夠在幾乎或是實際上所有時間都站著工作--持續站著、一直彎腰、不斷運用你自己最高度的精力。

Okay.
好的。
That's a lot.
那很多耶。
For how many, like, for how many hours?
要多少個,像是,要站幾個小時?
A hundred and thirty five hours to unlimited hours a week, it's basically twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
一週從135小時到無限時不等,基本上是一天24小時,一週七天。
I'm sure you'll have a chance from time to time to maybe just sit down here and there, yeah?
我相信你偶爾會有機會也許四處坐下,對吧?
You mean like a break? Yeah.
你是說像是休息嗎?是的。
No, there are no breaks available.
沒有,沒有休息時間。
Is that even legal?
那究竟合法嗎?
Of course, yeah.
當然合法,是的。
Okay.
好。
So like, no lunch?
所以像是,沒有午餐?
You can have lunch, but only when the associate is done eating their lunch.
你可以吃午餐,但只有當合夥人用完午餐後才能吃。
I think that's a little intense.
我覺得那有點太辛苦了。
No, that's crazy.
不,那很瘋狂。

Now this position requires excellent negotiation and interpersonal skill. We're really looking for someone that might have a degree in medicine, in finance and the culinary arts. You must be able to wear several hats.
現在這個職位需要絕佳的協商及人際關係技能。我們非常期待有某位也許有醫學、金融、及廚藝學位的人。你必須要能夠身兼多職。

The associate needs constant attention. Sometimes they have to stay up with an associate throughout the night. You need to be able to work in a chaotic environment. If you had a life, we'd ask you to sort of give that life up. No vacations. In fact, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and holidays, the workload is gonna go up. And we demand that with a happy disposition.
合夥人需要持續的關注。有時他們必須要和合夥人一起徹夜不休。你需要能夠在吵雜的環境下工作。如果你有自己的生活,我們會要求你有點像是要放棄那種生活。沒有假期。事實上,感恩節、聖誕節、新年、和假期期間,工作份量會增加。我們要求帶著開心的態度做那工作。

That's almost cruel. That's almost a very very sick, twisted joke.
那也太殘忍了。那幾乎是一個非常非常病態、瘋狂的玩笑。
But when is the time to sleep or...
但睡覺時間是什麼時候...
Oh, no time to sleep.
喔,沒時間睡覺。
Yeah, all encompassing almost.
是啊,幾乎全都包了。
That's exactly right.
完全正確。
Three hundred and sixty five days a year? Yeah. No! That's inhumane.
一年365天?對。不!那很不人道。
That's very insane.
那非常荒唐。

The meaningful connections that you make, and the feeling that you get for helping your associate are immeasurable. Also, let's cover the salary. The position is gonna pay absolutely nothing.
因為幫助你的合夥人所建立的重要連結以及你得到的感受是無法計量的。還有,來談談薪水。這個職位將完全不會支付任何東西。
Excuse me?
不好意思?
No!
不!
Nobody will do that for free. It's crazy! Yeah, pro bono. Completely for free. No!
沒有人會免費做那工作的。那瘋了!是的,免費慈善服務。完全免費。不!

What if I told you that there's someone that, actually, currently holds this position right now?
Billions of people actually. Who? Moms.
如果我告訴你有某個人,實際上,目前正在這個職位上呢?事實上有數十億人。誰?媽媽們。
Yeah. Yeah!
對。是的!
Moms.
媽媽們。
That's awesome. Yeah!
這很棒。是啊!
And they meet every requirement, don't they?
她們符合每個需求,對吧?
Oh, my God! Moms are the best.
我的天!媽媽們是最棒的。
Yes, no pay, they're 24 hours, they're always there.
是的,沒有薪水、她們24小時待命、她們總是在那兒。

Now I'm thinking about my mom.
現在我在想我媽媽。
Yeah, and what are you thinking about her?
你在想媽媽的什麼事?
I'm thinking about all those nights and everything.
我在想所有那些夜晚和所有事物。
Thank you so much for everything you do. I know it doesn't seem like I appreciate all of it but I definitely do.
非常謝謝妳所做的一切。我知道我看起來不像有感激所有的事,但我確實很感激。
So, mom, I wanna say thank you for everything that you've done. I love you very much. You've been there through thick and thin. My mom is just awesome. She is awesome.
所以,媽,我想要說謝謝妳所做的一切。我非常愛妳。在開心難過的時候妳一直都在那兒。我的媽媽就是很棒。她很棒。

This Mother's Day, you might want to make her a card.
今年母親節,你也許想要做張卡片送她。

可可芬 發表在 痞客邦 PIXNET 留言(0) 人氣()